9.14.2015

Painting Party

Our blog updates this time are a "little different". :-D I recently started writing articles for the facebook page of the WMF (Women's Group of our denomination) and below are a few of those; which also gives a good update from the last few months.


A few weeks ago we had a work team come up from North Dakota, and one from Fergus Falls (MN). Their goal was to get the new roofing put up on the South Naknek church, and hopefully be able to do some other projects that needed done. One of them was priming and painting a portion of the church as well as the steeple, but unfortunately the weather didn’t allow it.
So, this Monday, Jeff and Jane Swanson and our family flew over to get it done. If you Midwesterners think you have it bad with the mosquitoes you should come have fun with the “no-see-ums” when there’s no wind blowing! The first hour was horrible, but praise the Lord for bug nets to put over our heads!
As we were painting the church white, Pastor Jeff made the comment, “There’s nothing better than a brand new bucket of fresh, white paint.” Jeremy said, “It reminds me of a milkshake.” As I was painting the steeple (on the ground!), I began thinking about it some more. I thought, “Sure, it’s white initially, but right now as I’m looking in my bucket I am seeing a lot of tiny black dots.” As I was painting, there were hundreds of no-see-ums landing on the fresh coat of paint. Later on I began thinking a bit deeper about it, and I thought of sin... Isn’t sin just like that? Everything can seem well and good. We might have everything “just almost” put together. But what about those little black spots here and there? Even just the smallest thing can cause plenty of trouble! Just like those bugs! Boy, were they trouble!
Thankfully, as believers, our sin was washed as white as that pure, white paint!

‘“Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.” Isaiah 1:18 (ESV)


No comments: